Tascam DR-07X Portable Audio Recorder
Record Clean and Clear Audio Everywhere
The Tascam DR-07X is a handheld digital recorder and USB audio interface building on the popular, powerful Tascam DR-07. Ideal for music recording, sound design and more, the DR-07X offers immense power and performance in a compact package. A pair of cardioid condenser microphones handles high sound pressure levels and can be set up in AB or XY orientation for a wide stereo field or extra-clear reproduction with reduced phase displacement between both channels. Users can also use their own microphone or line-level source through the mini-jack stereo input which includes plug-in power for microphones that need it. And with increased capacity for microSDXC cards up to 128 GB, the DR-07X can literally record for days on end.
Simple to Operate
The DR-07X has a simple multilingual user interface, making it easy to access the recording, adjusting levels, deleting takes, adding markers, and other common functions with just the click of a thumb. Menus are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese. Three different auto level modes (Limiter, Peak Reduction, Auto Level) can help to prevent accidental distortion while recording. Users may apply one out of six reverb effects to the input or output signal, and an Overdub feature allows voices or instruments to be added to existing audio files. There is also a Level Align function that allows to smooth out any sudden volume jumps during playback, and a built-in speaker is provided for quick check-back. Other features like variable speed audition, low-cut filtering, chromatic tuner and more can be chosen from the menu.
Transcript Your Voice Recordings
The new Dictation Mode enables the user to jump back and forth in preselected increments while playing back a file. It can be combined with speed control and a special dictation EQ making it useful for transcribing minutes recordings, for example. The new tape-style Overwrite mode with one level of undo allows users to select a drop-in time and replace part of an existing recording.
Turn Your Room Into a Studio - In a Minute
Apart from handheld recording, the DR-07X can also be used as a USB audio interface with two inputs and outputs, making it a strong yet easy gear for voiceover work, live streaming, podcasting and songwriting with studio-quality audio.
Adjustable Microphones for Preferred Stereo Image.
The DR-07X is equipped with adjustable unidirectional microphones that can be used for recording in both the AB position and XY position. Advanced microphone placing allows for a wide stereo sound recording or a clear stereo sound recording with less phase difference, making it possible to achieve professional-quality results.
What is A-B and X-Y stereo?
For example, even if you want to record an acoustic guitar duo one day and a large choir or band concert on the other day, you can change the mic orientation and set it for more suitable stereo capturing. AB orientation captures a wider horizon with the image sounding farther away. On the other hand, XY can prevent missing parts of the signal in the centre of the stereo image, the so-called sweet spot. This is why XY orientation delivers a tighter image.
Features at a Glance
- High-quality handheld recording
- Small size and easy operation
- A built-in cardioid stereo condenser microphone (up to 125 dB SPL), foldable in/out for AB/XY configuration
- Recording media: Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (up to 128 GB)
- USB audio interface mode for Mac and Windows computers (two inputs, two outputs)
- Overwrite function for punch-in recording with one level of Undo
- Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
- Recording/playback formats
- WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24 bit
- MP3: 44.1/48 kHz, 32/64/96/128/192/256/320 kbit/s
- Recording functions: Low-cut filter
- (40/80/120 Hz), Peak Reduction, Auto Level, Limiter, Auto Recording, Pre-recording buffer, Self-timer, Marks, Tone generator for video editing with other equipment
- Playback functions: Auto Level Align, VSA, Repeat/Loop, Playlist, Resume, Jump back, EQ
- Built-in loudspeaker, headphones/line output
- Reverb effect with six presets
- Chromatic tuner, file divide function
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
- Folder management
- Hold function to avoid inadvertent operation
- Menu language can be selected between English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese
- USB 2.0 port for file transfer to/from computer
- Stand adapter (' inch) on the bottom side
- Maximum SPL: 125 dB
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 40 kHz +1/-3 dB (Fs 96 kHz)
- Total harmonic distortion: =0.05 %
- S/N ratio: =92 dB
- Power supply: 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, Tascam PS-P520E (sold separately)
- Power consumption: 1.7 W
- Dimensions (overall, W - D - H): 69/90 mm - 158 mm - 26 mm
- Weight (without/with batteries): 130/171g