IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast HD - Digital Recording Microphone
Always sound your best
Whether you're looking to create videos that jump from viewers' feeds, podcasts that pop with character, or interviews that listeners just have to share, in today's social-driven landscape it's critical to deliver truly professional results to stand out from the crowd.
With iRig Mic Cast HD, it's never been easier to create engaging video and audio with just your smartphone or tablet. iRig Mic Cast HD is a pocket-sized microphone that easily attaches to your device and delivers big-sounding, professional-quality voice recordings anywhere.
Noise-free audio and video
iRig Mic Cast HD lets you record crystal clear speech anywhere using your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Dual gold-sputtered electret condenser capsules deliver superior accuracy & detail, and 24-bit, 96 kHz A/D converters offer premium sound quality so you can be sure you'll always sound your best.
Sound great from every angle
iRig Mic Cast HD's innovative design lets you select from front or rear cardioid pick-up patterns, or a bi-directional figure 8 pattern, to reject off-axis noise. Capture clear, impressive recordings whether you're in front of the camera, shooting a subject or conducting an interview.
Ready when you are
Weighing in at just a few ounces, this lightweight mic mounts securely onto your iPad or smartphone. Its innovative magnetic design lets you easily snap it right into place on your device in seconds (even with a case), so it's ideal for field or location work. iRig Mic Cast HD works equally well in both portrait or landscape orientation on phones and tablets.
Supports your existing workflow
iRig Mic Cast HD works with any app that records audio, so you can shoot YouTube videos, film interviews, live stream, or even use it for Skype - however you're currently working, iRig Mic Cast HD will give you a noticeable sonic upgrade without slowing you down. The built-in headphone out can be used to monitor the signal in real-time and is ideal for newer smartphone models without a headphone jack*, so you're sure to get great results even when you only get one shot.
To get you started right out of the box, iRig Mic Cast HD comes with Lightning, Micro-USB and USB-C cables. Also included is iRig Recorder 3 LE (iPhone/iPad/Android) - an easy-to-use, high-quality audio and video app. Record, trim, edit and share, right from your device.
Ideal for use on the go
No matter where your journeys lead, iRig Mic Cast HD is standing by. Its backpack portability makes it an ideal travel companion, and the adjustable gain feature and included windscreen ensure high recording quality anywhere - even in crowds or when outdoors. Best of all, there are no batteries required!
iRig Mic Cast HD delivers a stunning, professional audio solution that's always ready when you are and won't weigh you down. Get ready for audio that stands out from the crowd.
The Creator series
The Creator series from IK Multimedia puts you in the spotlight with fast and easy tools to help you create professional content. Its budget-friendly solutions are ideal for YouTubers, podcasters, live streamers and other social media platforms, and include a variety of mobile and studio-friendly microphones, interfaces and smartphone stands. With convenient features and flexible options, you'll be covered wherever and whenever inspiration strikes.
A pocket-sized professional microphone
iRig Mic Cast HD is a tiny mic with a big sound, letting you capture professional-quality vocal recordings anywhere, on any device. With gold-sputtered electret-condenser capsules, a 40 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response, and 24-bit, 96 kHz converters, iRig Mic Cast HD delivers crisp, detailed vocals despite its pocket size.
iRig Mic Cast HD also offers switchable front, rear, and bi-directional pick-up patterns, so it's great for video whether you're using the front camera or rear, or doing interviews. With cardioid and figure-8 patterns, it rejects off-axis noise to keep your sound crystal clear. And iRig Mic Cast HD mounts in seconds with a magnetic snap-on system.
It includes both Lightning, USB-C and Micro-USB cables to connect to any iPhone, iPad, or Android device right out of the box. Best of all, iRig Mic Cast HD works with any app that records audio. The headphone outlets you monitor either direct or processed signal, and adjustable input gain lets you use it in virtually any situation.
Ultra-compact digital recording microphone
Rejects off-axis noise for quiet recording
24-bit 96 kHz converters for crystal clear sound
- 2 gold-sputtered electret condenser capsule
- Snap-on magnetic mounting, even with a case
- Works in both portrait and landscape orientation
- Headphone output to monitor while you record
- Switch between direct and processed monitoring
- Works with virtually all audio and video apps
- Fits in a pocket to travel anywhere
- Includes Lightning, USB-C and Micro-USB cables
- Includes windscreen for outdoor use
- Selectable front / rear / bi-directional recording
- iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones & tablets
- Microphone Type: condenser, electret
Capsule Size: 2x 0.55'
- Polar Pattern: cardioid, figure-of-8 (F+R)
- Interface Type: USB digital microphone with built-in preamp
- Conversion: 24-bit A/D, 24-bit D/A
- Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure: 125 dB SPL
- Sensitivity: -40 dB, 10 mV/Pa
- Gain: adjustable over a 48 dB range
- Controls: gain buttons, capsule selector and direct monitor switch
- Metering: Built-in multicolor LED for status and audio level indication
- Connector Type: Micro-USB
- Headphones Output: 1/8' TRS jack
- Power: powered by connected device
- iRig Mic Cast HD microphone
Lightning to micro-USB connection cable (16cm/6.3")
- USB C-Type to micro-USB connection cable (30cm/11.81")
- micro-USB OTG-Type to micro-USB connection cable (16cm/6.3")
- 2x ferromagnetic plates
- Size: 50mm/1.97" x 27mm/1.06" x 24mm/0.94"
Compatible with iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation), iPad (4th generation), iPod touch (6th generation), iPod touch (5th generation). iOS 6 or later is required.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later. One free USB port.
Windows: Fully supports Windows 10 WASAPI for low latency audio. One free USB port. (ASIO4ALL is required on Windows 7 and 8 for low latency audio. See our FAQ here for further details.)
- Compatible with Android devices running Android 5 or later and with USB digital audio capabilities.