Radial StageBug SB-5 Laptop Passive Stereo Direct Box
The Radial StageBug SB-5 is a compact & portable stereo direct box designed to accommodate laptop computers, tablets, and other consumer audio products when amplifying the signal through a PA system.
The easy way to connect to the PA
The StageBug SB-5 provides an easy to use professional interface for connecting any mobile playback device to a mixer or PA system, with a built-in cable and 3.5mm stereo plug to connect directly to your laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Inside, a pair of custom-wound transformers isolate the signals to prevent hum and buzz and balance the audio to feed long cable runs without noise. Left and right 1/4" TRS outputs are provided for stereo operation, or a mono XLR output can be used to save channels on the PA system. The SB-5 works without any power required, and features additional ground lift and pad switches to eliminate ground loop noise and prevent distortion from high output audio sources.
Using the SB-5 with a computer
Connect the headphone output from your computer directly into the StageBug SB-5 for quiet performance each time. The sidewinder cable cleat makes storage easy and you never lose the cable!
Using the SB-5 with a tablet
The SB-5 is your perfect direct box when extra portability is needed. Connect your iPad or Galaxy tablet to the SB-5 via the integral 3.5mm cable connection and sum to mono via the XLR output.
Using the SB-5 with an iPhone
Need to play backing tracks in stereo?The Stage Bug SB-5 makes it easy to connect from your portable music player. Connect from the headphone out to the SB-5 and send a balanced stereo signal to the PA.
Features at a glance
- Stereo direct box for laptops, smartphones, and tablets
- Cable with 3.5mm stereo plug to connect to mobile devices
- Transformer isolation eliminates hum and buzz
- Plug & play easy to use, no power required
- Compact design fits in your laptop bag
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer-based
- Number of channels: Two channels
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (' 1dB)
- Dynamic range: 100dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.01% @ 1kHz
- Phase Deviation: 2' @ 100Hz; 5' @ 50Hz
- Input Impedance: 40k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 2.8k Ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input: +20dB
- Input pad, Mono Sum, Ground lift
- Input Connectors: 3.5mm
- Output Connectors: 1/4" TRS, XLR
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
Shipping size (L x W x D): 8" x 5" x 3" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping weight: 0.8 lbs (365 grams)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5'C and 40'C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable