Mackie 402 VLZ4 Mixing Desk
Easily and quickly blend signals with the Mackie 402-VLZ4 4 Channel Analog Mixer is designed for professional low-input applications and features outstanding Onyx mic preamps. The preamps deliver an ultra-wide 60dB gain range with a 128.5dB dynamic range for a reliable performance with high headroom and incredibly low noise on all 4 inputs.
Integrated phantom power means users can connect condenser microphones whilst a 2-band EQ lets you set your ideal sound levels. The premium components are all housed within a robust steel chassis engineered to withstand the testing conditions of both live and studio environments.
A wide range of uses
This four-channel mixer isn't just for playing the guitar at your local pub. They're useful in a wide range of contexts. Use the 402 as a hub for your home recording. Easily send signals to your laptop or desktop computer for simplified recording. Thanks to the rugged construction of the 402 you can take it out into the field to be used as a central unit for location sound recording. Sending summed stereo signals to your recorder for later digestion in the studio. If you're a performing keyboardist with two keyboards on stage then you can use the mixer to save space in the multicore. Meaning you only need to send the signal from the mixer itself rather than all the separate piano outputs.
Outstanding Onyx Mic Preamps
Obtain superb sound from a tiny mixer. There are two onboard, studio-grade Onyx mic preamps that are designed for low-input applications. The preamps offer an ultra-wide 60 dB gain range and 128.5 dB dynamic range. With an extended frequency response, the preamps also offer incredibly low distortion levels. Meaning your blended signal have never sounded so good.
- 4-channel mixer featuring signature high-headroom, low-noise design
- 2 boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps
- Ultra-wide 60 dB gain range
- 128.5 dB dynamic range
- +22 dBu line input handling
- Extended frequency response
- Improved RF rejection ideal for broadcast applications
- Integrated phantom power
- Four high-headroom line inputs
- Selectable instrument inputs on first two channels - no DI box needed
- 2-band EQ (80Hz, 12kHz)
- 18 dB/ oct 100Hz low-cut filter on mic input channels
- High-resolution 8-segment stereo metres
- Sealed rotary controls resist dust & grime
- Rugged steel chassis with powder-coat finish
- High-visibility, high-contrast controls
Main Mix Noise
- Main Mix Knob Down, Channel Level Knobs Down: -103 dBu
- Main Mix Knob @ Unity, Channel Level Knobs Down: -98 dBu
- Main Mix Knob @ Unity, Channel Level Knobs @ Unity: -92 dBu
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 102 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- 20Hz - 80kHz Bandwidth: 0.005 Percent
- 20Hz - 20kHz: 0.003 Percent
- Main Mix Knob Down: -70 dBu
- Channel Level Knob Down: -94 dBu
- Mic Input to Main Output: +0, -1 dB, 20Hz to 50kHz. +0, -3 dB, 100kHz
Equivalent Input Noise
- 150' Termination: -128.5 dBu, 20Hz - 20kHz
Common Mode Rejection Ratio
- Mic In: +21 dBu
- Tape In: +24 dBu
- All Other Inputs: +22 dBu
- All Outputs: +22 dBu
- Mic In: 2.55k'
- Instrument Input: 1M'
- All Other Inputs: 10k' Or Greater
- Tape Out: 1.0k'
- Phones Out: 60'
- All Other Outputs: 120'
- High Shelving: '15 dB @ 12kHz
- Low Shelving: '15 dB @ 80Hz
AC Power Requirements
- Power Consumption: 8W
- UK: 200-240 VAC, 50/60Hz
- External Power Supply AC Connector: 2-Pin IEC 250 VAC
- Operating Temperature: 0' - 40'C
- Height: 186 mm
- Width: 147 mm
- Depth: 41 mm