Kali Lone Pine Range 8" Powered Single Studio Monitor - Black Although Kali Audio is a fairly new brand, they've already started to form a great reputation within the close-knit community of recording hobbyists. Despite their affordability, the LP8 monitors project audio with incredible fidelity, allowing you to mix your music with excellent precision.
Featuring integrated Class D power amps that deliver clean, reliable power for their 8" speakers, the LP8's dual-layer, large-diameter voice coils also help in retaining clarity and definition, without adding distortion. So if you like to listen to or mix your music loud, the LP8 studio monitors can handle higher volumes without sounding muddy or causing ear fatigue.
The Lone Pine Series is designed to allow you to hear every detail that's happening in your mix. This starts with an exceptionally accurate frequency response. Whatever is present on your mix is what you'll hear in these monitors. Nothing is boosted or suppressed to cover flaws or try to sound more pleasing.
With the LP-6 and LP-8, you can mix with more confidence, and you can also be assured that your mix will translate as best as possible to whatever systems your audience is using.
3-D Imaging Waveguide
The waveguide on Project Lone Pine monitors allows you to hear spatial details and a soundstage that is wider, taller, and deeper than the space between the speakers themselves.
High dynamic range, low distortion
The dual-layer, large diameter voice coil on the LP-Series helps keep the sound clear and free of distortion.
Low noise port tube
The LP-6 and LP-8 both have the clean, punchy bass of a front-ported speaker with very low noise from the port tube.
At continuous reference-level output, the LP-Series monitors have at least 20 dB headroom at the listening position. The LP-6 has enough output for most 1-2 person setups, and LP-8 can handle larger setups easily. Ample headroom ensures that even loud mixes with high dynamic range will come through clearly.
Bass on the LP-Series monitors is delivered by larger magnets and larger voice coils than any comparable speakers on the market. This gives you a more accurate bass response that extends lower, so you can dial in exactly the low-end sound you need.
The LP-6 and LP-8 both feature balanced XLR and TRS inputs, and an unbalanced RCA input. The RCA input can be set to -10 dBu sensitivity when you're using consumer devices like a laptop or smartphone's headphone jack.
Class D Power
The integrated Class D Power amp delivers clean, reliable power that's optimized to this speaker. Both models use 40W for the 1' soft dome tweeter. The LP-6 uses 40W for the 6.5-inch woofer, and the LP-8 uses 60W for the 8-Inch woofer.
- Powered: Yes
- Amplifier Class: D
- Power Configuration: Bi-Amped
- LF Power: 60W
- HF Power: 40W
- Total Power: 100W
- LF Driver: 8" Woofer
- HF Driver: 1" Soft Dome Tweeter
- Freq. Response (-10 dB): 37 Hz - 25 kHz
- Frequency Range: ('3 dB): 45 Hz - 21 kHz
- Crossover: 1.8 kHz
- Listening Distance (85 dB Continuous, 20 dB headroom): 2.8 Meters
- Max SPL: 114dB
- System THD (94 dB @ 1 M): <2.5% 80 Hz - 400 Hz | <1.5% above 400 Hz
- Unbalanced Inputs: 1 x RCA
- Balanced Inputs: 1 x TRS, 1 x XLR
- TRS/XLR Input Sensitivity: +4 dB
- RCA Input Sensitivity: -10 dB
- HF Trim: -2 dB, '0 dB, +2 dB
- LF Trim: -2 dB, '0 dB, +2 dB
Boundary EQ Settings
- Free space (On stands, away from walls)
- On stands, within .5 meters of a wall
- On stands, against a wall
- Meter bridge
- Wall Mount
- On a desk, away from walls
- On a desk, within .5 meters of a wall
- On a desk, against a wall
Dimensions & Weight
- Enclosure: Front Ported
- Height: 16.5 Inches (41.9 cm)
- Width: 10 Inches (25.4 cm)
- Depth: 11.25 Inches (28.6 cm)
- Product Weight: 19.8 lbs (9 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 22.5 lbs (10.2 kg)