IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast, Portable Recorder for iOSiRig MIC Cast is the ultra-compact, portable voice recording microphone designed specifically for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos, speeches and more.
iRig MIC Cast provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear audio quality. It features a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise, making it ideal for single-source audio recording.
This makes iRig MIC Cast also great for business applications like recording meetings and enhancing the audio and voice quality of conference calls.
iRig MIC Cast is proof that great things come in small packages. In addition to an incredibly flat frequency response with zero tonal coloration, the iRig MIC Cast...
- Features a stereo mini-jack headphone output enabling real-time monitoring of what is being recorded using headphones or speakers
- Offers a mini-switch that provides two different sensitivity settings to record close-up or distant sources
- Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording
- Has a bumper-friendly mini-jack connector that fits the majority of iPhone/iPod touch cases
- Has an ultra-compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease
- Like other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers
- Works with all regular phone calls and any Voice-Over-IP app
- Is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
How it works
Ultra Compact Design
The iRig Mic Cast is literally about the size of a large coin. It can easily fit in your pocket, briefcase or computer bag for easy transport. Plus, its compact size means you can use it anywhere - from the classroom to the boardroom.
Dual Gain Setting
One of the most frustrating things about portable mics is the inability to get good clear recordings from sound sources that are not close to you. iRig Mic Cast solves this problem with a dual gain switch that allows you to capture up-close audio as well as audio from sources not so close.
Comes with a Tabletop Stand
Now you can set up your iPhone or iPod Touch and record hands-free thanks to the included tabletop stand. Simply place the stand wherever you need it, put your iOS device in and hit record.
No Additional Additions Needed
Set up is easy: Plug the iRig Mic Cast into the headphone out 'TRRS' jack. You're now ready to record. Plus, iRig Mic Cast comes with two apps for recording and sound processing: iRig Recorder - a simple, no frills high quality recorder, and VocaLive - our professional vocal processing, effects and recording app. With iRig Mic Cast, making outstanding quality recordings is literally as easy as opening an app on your iOS device.
Works with All of Your iOS Devices
iRig Mic Cast is compatible with all iOS Devices with a headphone/audio in TRRS jack, like iPhones, iPod touch and iPads. And, you can use the iRig Mic Cast as a hands-free calling microphone for conference calls and speaker phone applications. Plus you can rotate the iRig Mic Cast to get the best capture angle, increasing the quality and fidelity of your recordings.