Focal Shape 65 Active Nearfield Monitor
Shape 65 is the reference to the Shape line. Although it's dedicated to nearfield monitoring, this monitor enables extraordinary monitoring quality, at the lowest to the highest frequencies. Simply a must, this monitor will express its full potential from a listening distance of three feet away (1 metre).
The three monitors are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximise acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Shape monitors combine an ingenious design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalisation of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what's at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it's also very precise in the very high end.
Innovative and affordable nearfield reference monitor with onboard amplification
- Perfect for small studios, editing suites, music composition workstations, and mixing studios
- Integrated TMD surrounds and dual passive radiators increase low-frequency response and harmonic stability
- Radiators provide flexible low-frequency tuning and depth that hold up even when positioned near walls
- 6.5" glass-/flax-/glass-fiber speaker cone delivers extreme mid- and low-frequency definition with minimal distortion
- Innovative M-shaped aluminum-magnesium inverted dome tweeter offers amazing neutrality below 6kHz
- Redefined speaker housing offers even horizontal and vertical dispersion with decreased directionality for broad sweet spot
- Extremely stable Neutral Inductance Circuit (N.I.C.) offers an optimized crossover and reduced harmonic distortion/intermodulation between speakers
- Precision amplification includes high- and low-frequency shelving and adjustable crossover for room-specific tuning
- Includes dedicated highpass filter to accommodate specific subwoofer arrangements.