AVID S1 Control Surface Mixing Desk
Massive mixing power for small spaces
Get the unparalleled speed, rich visual feedback, and software integration of Avid's high-end consoles in a slimline surface that's an easy fit for any space or budget. Avid S1 gives you deep hands-on control of your favourite audio and video software and, together with the free Pro Tools | Control app for iPad (iPad not included), provides great ergonomic efficiency, easy touch workflows, and S6-style metering and processing views, so you can navigate large sessions quickly, mix more intuitively, and turn around better sounding mixes fast.
Mix big on a smaller scale
While Avid S1 fits easily between your display and keyboard, it packs a lot of mixing power into its small surface. From motorized faders and knobs that respond to your touch, to fast-access touchscreen workflows and Soft Keys that enable you to perform complex tasks with a single press, S1 provides the speed and versatility to accelerate any music, audio post, or video project.
Get unmatched software integration
S1 is powered by EUCON, Avid's high-speed Ethernet control protocol that delivers deep hardware/software integration, giving you full touch and tactile access to a host of Avid and third-party software functions and controls. You can even switch between multiple applications and workstations at the touch of a button, providing the most fluid editing and mixing experience.
Gain extensive insight into your mix
S1 not only features high-res OLED displays, but it also integrates with the free Pro Tools | Control iPad app, providing rich visual feedback to enhance your workflow. From track names, parameter values, and automation, to S6-style monitoring (up to 9.1), metering, and channel processing views, you get the comprehensive feedback of a high-end console in a versatile surface for the budget-minded.
Scale the surface to your needs
Need more faders?Connect multiple S1 units together to create an extended, fully integrated control surface that provides more tactile control to handle larger mixes. You can even connect Pro Tools | Dock to S1 to have dedicated transport controls, a jog wheel, focus fader, and more at your fingertips for greater control.
Supported EUCON-enabled applications*
- Avid Pro Tools
- Avid Pro Tools Ultimate
- Avid Media Composer
- Avid Media Composer Ultimate
- Avid Media Composer Enterprise
- Avid XMON EUCON
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Premiere
- Apple Logic Pro
- Digital Audio Denmark DADman
- Harrison Mixbus
- MOTU Digital Performer
- Magix Samplitude
- Magix Sequoia
- Merging Technologies Pyramix
- Steinberg Cubase
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Trinnov Audio D-MON
* Please note that while these applications are EUCON-enabled, the extent of integration with Avid Pro Mixing control surfaces and supported software versions are at the sole direction of the respective manufacturer. For details, please contact the manufacturer.
Supported Mackie Control/HUI-enabled applications
- Ableton Live
- Cockos REAPER
- Propellerhead Reason
S1 surface details**
- Eight motorized, touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw faders
- Eight push-top, touch-sensitive rotary encoders
- Assorted hardware buttons/keys for various functions and mode selections, including Mute, Solo, Record-enable, Bank, Nudge, and more
- Supports the free Pro Tools | Control app running on iPad (iPad not included), providing touchscreen control, project navigation, macro triggers, and more
- Eight high-resolution OLED displays, plus multiple status LEDs and multicolour track buttons; channel metering, monitoring, processing, track status, automation modes, and other views provided by Pro Tools | Control on iPad
Height (front, rear)
- 1.2 inches, 3.8 inches (29 mm, 97 mm)
Connect up to four S1 controllers together, plus Pro Tools | Dock, to create an extended, fully integrated surface
** This information is preliminary and subject to change without notice.